BBB "JOSAPHAT RIDE"
- the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month
- meeting time:
- summer 08:30 (1 April to 30 September)
- winter 09:00 (1 October to 31 March)
- rides announced on BBB Strava Club
- BBB members only, registration compulsory
WE ALSO RIDE FROM SCHAERBEEK!
Departure and arrival will take place in the area of Josaphat Park in Schaerbeek.
Roundabout crossing Av. Chazal, Av. Général Eisehnower and Av. Ernest Cambier, next to Square Prévost-Delaunay and entry to Park Josaphat.
Josaphat rides features 2 groups
Advertised hourly average can evolve according to the weather or the elevation of the course.
All groups are leaded by experienced road-captains and ride the same route.
Both Chill and Fast group are steady rides (no sudden change of pace) or attacks (Road captain may
allow some sections/climbs to be raced, before regrouping at end of that segment).
All rides shall always be aware of the slowest riders and support these to reach better team performance. No-one shall be left alone on a tough climb or fast flat stretch. Splits in the peloton shall be sought to be closed through a collective team effort from front to back of the field.
- averaging 22 to 24km/h
- no-drop policy (we ride and return as a team)
- only in spring
- averaging 26 km/h
Please register on Strava to help us organizing the groups beforehand
Due to strict insurance requirements, all participants must be fully-fledged members of the Brussels Big Brackets Cycling Club to ride with us on Sunday.
Test-rides are allowed provided that:
- you are personally properly insured ;
- you register for the ride though this form
Registration-steps are described below.
Should you need help or any further information, please DM us or send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ask us to join our strava “invite only” club (members only)
If you use a nickname, tell us… it’s not easy to recognize everyone 🙂
2. Navigate through the “club events”
3. Choose one of the groups we propose for the ride
4. Confirm your choice with the button “I’m in”
To easily download the routes we ride…
🗺 Routes can easily be downloaded through Strava website, directly in the event you take part-in… but unfortunately not through Strava app.
👉 To Strava website: https://www.strava.com/
👉 All BBB routes are available here: https://brusselsbigbrackets.eu/routes
📲You can easily sync our strava routes to your Garmin device.
Check-out this tutorial.
👉Sync routes with your Garmin: https://cutt.ly/0nbm3UU
We are a cycling club proposing road-cycling rides. As a consequence, your bike might look like that:
- a road- or a gravel-bike with fine tires;
- clipless pedals are strongly recommended;
- do not forget to take at least one cereal or energy bar, and a bottle with water or energy drink;
- ensure your bike is in good working order;
- bring one reserve air chamber, a mini-pump, some tools for usual adjustments;
- finally, ensure you ride with lights when required.
Do I need to wear some kind of cycling apparel?
Technical shorts and clothing, without wind resistance and suitable for the weather are absolutely necessary.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
Wearing a helmet is compulsory.
👉 Taking a look at our ride etiquette is highly recommended.
We do! And it’s not about testing your skills or your level.
Test-rides allow you to discover who we are and what we do.
We organise “test-rides” on a regular basis.
For more info and registration, check-out our membership page.
Test-rides are allowed provided that you are personally properly insured.
Please note that we appreciate you tell us what you think afterwards.
COLLECTION OF "JOSAPHAT-RIDE" ROUTES
BBB is building a collection of routes starting from Schaerbeek. They all start and arrive in the area of the Josaphat Park.
New routes are added regularly, so keep an eye out for new tracks to explore!