BBB "ATOMIUM RIDE"
Let’s explore the northern part of Brussels, with a meeting point under the Atomium. We aim at proposing a short and chill ride for people willing to ride twice during the week-end, to enjoy a start from somewhere else or … to benefit from a later start.
You’ll find in our Ride etiquette some basic rules of group riding that everyone should be aware of.
We plan to organize some “specials” during the season:
- the mixed roads : a mix of road and easy, rolling gravel sections : nothing very technical but ideal if you enjoy frolicking around between the fields and the woods, enjoying nature. These roads won’t be suitable for road bikes but it will be clearly announced on Strava beforehand.
- the gran fondo’s: we will plan a few rides of > 100kms. Those might be the occasion to stop somewhere along the way and get a drink in a fietscafe or something.
WE ALSO RIDE FROM NORTH
Atomium rides feature 2 groups. Choose the one that suits you the best!
Advertised hourly average can evolve according to the weather or the elevation of the course.
All groups are leaded by experienced road-captains and ride the same route.
- no drop group,
- average speed between 22 and 24 kms/hour,
- if you choose this group, respect the chilled pace.
- drop group,
- average speed between 26 and 28 kms/hour,
- if you choose the fast group and get dropped, no worries, you will fall back on the chill group eventually.
Please register on Strava to help us organizing the groups beforehand.
Due to strict insurance requirements, all participants must be fully-fledged members of the Brussels Big Brackets Cycling Club to ride with us on Sunday.
Test-rides are allowed provided that:
- you are personally properly insured ;
- you register for the ride though this form
Registration-steps are described below.
Should you need help or any further information, please DM us or send us an e-mail: email@example.com
1. Ask us to join our strava “invite only” club (members only)
If you use a nickname, tell us… it’s not easy to recognize everyone 🙂
2. Navigate through the “club events”
3. Choose one of the groups we propose for the ride
4. Confirm your choice with the button “I’m in”
To easily download the routes we ride…
🗺 Routes can easily be downloaded through Strava website, directly in the event you take part-in… but unfortunately not through Strava app.
👉 To Strava website: https://www.strava.com/
👉 All BBB routes are available here: https://brusselsbigbrackets.eu/routes
📲You can easily sync our strava routes to your Garmin device.
Check-out this tutorial.
👉Sync routes with your Garmin: https://cutt.ly/0nbm3UU
We are a cycling club proposing road-cycling rides. As a consequence, your bike might look like that:
- a road- or a gravel-bike with fine tires;
- clipless pedals are strongly recommended;
- do not forget to take at least one cereal or energy bar, and a bottle with water or energy drink;
- ensure your bike is in good working order;
- bring one reserve air chamber, a mini-pump, some tools for usual adjustments;
- finally, ensure you ride with lights when required.
Do I need to wear some kind of cycling apparel?
Technical shorts and clothing, without wind resistance and suitable for the weather are absolutely necessary.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
Wearing a helmet is compulsory.
👉 Taking a look at our ride etiquette is highly recommended.
We do! And it’s not about testing your skills or your level.
Test-rides allow you to discover who we are and what we do.
We organise “test-rides” on a regular basis.
For more info and registration, check-out our membership page.
Test-rides are allowed provided that you are personally properly insured.
Please note that we appreciate you tell us what you think afterwards.
COLLECTION OF "ATOMIUM-RIDE" ROUTES
BBB is building a collection of routes starting from North. These rides start from the same meeting point, under the famous Atomium.
New routes are added regularly, so keep an eye out for new tracks to explore!